- - Safety Touring:1st Leg (Pasig, Antipolo, & Pagsanjan)
- - Safety Touring:2nd Leg (Batangas Tour)
- - Safety Touring:3rd Leg (Daet Tour)
- - Safety Touring:4th Leg (Vigan Tour)
- - Safety Touring:5th Leg (Baguio Tour)
- - Safety Touring:6th Leg (Boracay Tour)
- - Safety Touring:7th Leg (Cebu Tour)
- - YSRS: 1st Batch - Road Safety Awareness
- - YSRS: 2nd Batch - Road Safety Awareness
- - YSRS: 3rd Batch - Road Safety Awareness
- - YSRS: 4th Batch - Road Safety Awareness
The Road to Safety: Be Safe, Be Different, Be Yamaha Tour
- Yamaha Motor Philippines Inc. (YMPH) kicked off the first leg of its “Be Safe, Be Different, Be Yamaha” Tour from Ortigas, Pasig City to Pagsanjan, Laguna last March 24-25, 2012.
On the first day of the tour, eighty-nine (89) Yamaha Club Riders escorted by marshals, safety instructors, Mandaluyong traffic enforcers, reported in full gear at the assembly point in YZone Ortigas. Grouped into 3 batches, they all took the road to the first stop, Antipolo City. In the streets of Yamaha 3S Shop and along Antipolo Church, they educated passing motorists about tips and precautionary measures in riding. They also gave away safety information materials.
- At the road
- Pagsanjan Lodge at Laguna
The second stop was Pagsanjan, Laguna. The zigzag roads tested the skills and cunning of Yamaha riders. It was high-time to practice safety riding particularly when maneuvering the steep of mountains and pathways. It was a noontime adventure.
Pagsanjan Church became a side-trip to meet up with the riders of YMPH Head Office from Malvar, Batangas and they decided to have their hungry bellies filled with sumptuous meals at the Pagsanjan Falls Lodge.
YMPH President Takeshi Yano, Sales and Marketing Director Shinsuke Yamaura and Ads and Promo Section Manager Ryan Jude Camus led the evening’s fellowship program which culminated in the signing of the “Be Safe” wall. All 89 Yamaha Riders with Yamaha Riders Club of Cavite President Cyrus Astillero and FZ16 Club President Danilo Cayabyab pledged their commitment to safety that night.
This shows that YMPH is the company that is serious and aggressive in promoting safety in motorcycle riding. It educates the customers and the public through these activities.
As expressed by Mr. Takeshi Yano, President of YMPH, “As one of the motorcycle manufacturers, we can’t just close our eyes and ignore what is happening. That’s why we have created our Safety Campaign Activity.” YMPH committed itself to the Safety Campaign as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility program amidst rising statistics of road accidents involving motorcycles in the Philippines.